- CAUTION: COVER IS SPRING LOADED. Do not remove the steel strapping until unit is to be installed and is in normal horizontal position.
- Position the scuttle as follows:
- When installation is over a ladder and the scuttle is a TYPE S, 2’6” x 3’0” with 70o opening cover, the hinge side of the scuttle should be placed opposite the ladder side (hinge side at the back of the climber).
- When installation is over a ladder and the scuttle is a size with a 90o opening cover, the scuttle should be placed so that the automatic hold open release arm and the red vinyl grip are on the ladder side.
- When installation is over a stairway, the automatic hold open release arm and red vinyl grip should be at the head of the stairway.
- Check that the frame is in the proper plane and not twisted or racked due to an uneven mounting surface. Shim under the base flange, if required, to be sure cover(s) close properly on the frame.
- Secure the scuttle to the roof deck through holes provided in the base flange using appropriate fasteners.
- Complete the installation in accordance with accepted roofing industry practice. Suggested method :
- For single ply roofing, apply adhesive and fold over 4” (10cm) of the top edge of the membrane skirt flashing and insert it under the capflashing. Complete all sides. With a screwdriver and hammer, bend Bil-ClipTM tabs inward to hold membrane in place (see sectional detail).
- For built-up roofing, install a cant block around the curb. Run roofing plies to the top of the cant and cut off. Apply two layers of No. 15 felt on the curb under the integral capflashing, extending beyond the outside base of the cant block. Secure the felts with alternate troweled coats of finishing cement. DO NOT BEND Bil-ClipTM TABS INWARD.
- Scuttles with red oxide factory prime should receive a finish coat of alkyd metal.
For Further Information
Handling & Storages
Steels Units :
An alkyd base red oxide primer has been applied at the factory. It is recommended that an alkyd base enamel finish coat, in the desired color, be applied after installation. Additional coatings should be applied when needed to ensure maximum service life.
Alumunium Units :
Zinc plated steel hardware may require paint touch up depending upon age and severity of exposure.
All Units :
Occasional lubrication of all pivoting joints, latch, and rear portion of lower tubular spring housings is recommended.
Bilco roof hatches provide safe and convenient access to roof areas by means of an interior ladder, ship stair or service stair. A variety of special sizes are also available to provide an accessible way to install or remove large pieces of equipment from a building.
For Further Information
Sorry, information for this section not ready yet !